Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Maggie's Birthday

 by Maggie Muth         

          My birthday was crazy! I’ll tell you about it. I woke up on my birthday when my mom and dad woke me and went out side to look at the monkeys and my door. The college students had put notebook paper with drawings on it. I got dressed and went to breakfast after Grace gave me her present, a binder filled with Lego instructions.
            After breakfast we went to the Ajanta Caves. We parked the bus and walked up some steps. Then dad said, “hop in Maggie.” He was standing next to a palonquin, (a chair that four people carry). So I got in, and we went up the rest of the stairs. I felt like a princess. We got to the first cave, and I got out.

Me in the palonquin

            The Ajanta Caves are interesting pieces of art and architecture. They are all Buddhist caves built between 200 B.C and 700 A.D. There are two kinds of caves, the meditation caves, and the monastery caves. The meditation caves have domed roofs and stufas (altar like things). The monastery caves had pillars, paintings, side rooms, and giant Buddha statues. In one of meditation caves there was a reclining Buddha. He looked like he was sleeping, but he was actually trying to find enlightenment.

A domed ceiling cave with a stufa

The reclining Buddha

Practicing our meditation hand positions


Paintings on the ceiling of a cave!

            After the caves we went to lunch. It was an awesome meal. I got a soda and got to go in the first part of the line because I was the birthday girl. We finished lunch and got back on the bus to go to the hotel.
            When we got back, James and I went to find some college students to play with. We found two, Sydney, and Will. We played and talked on the swings until dinner.
            At dinner dad served me Kraft mac and cheese. I cried with joy! Every one else had Chinese food. Then I opened a present from Grace and James. Legos! James also gave me an epic pair of headphones. We had chocolate chip ice cream and cake. The staff gave us a knife that sang happy birthday when I cut the cake. After cake we had a dance party. I don’t know how I’m going to beat this birthday next year!
Oh my gosh... mac & cheese!!!!

I love you, Dad!

CAKE!!!

dance party!



3 comments:

  1. Epic birthday, Maggie! Glad it was super fun!!! Love, Aunt Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Epic birthday, Maggie! Glad it was super fun!!! Love, Aunt Christy

    ReplyDelete
  3. We get the Kraft Mac and Cheese thing. That was our Christmas Eve Dinner for years when we traveled. That's how special it was! Bought during the summer, carried in a suitcase over the ocean, and savored on special occasions. Sounds like you had a fun time, Maggie.

    ReplyDelete