by Maggie Muth
When I ride the subway in Hong Kong, it’s an adventure every
time. My mom and I walk to the subway station, and as we walk we see a man roasting yams and it smells like a campfire.
We get to the station and use our octopus cards (like debit card) to get in to
the station. Beep! goes the machine. Now we are in the subway station. Mom and
I go up the stairs to the trains. It’s not very crowded at this time of day
because most people are at work or at school. Right now we are at the
University station on the light blue subway line. We have two options: one, to
go towards Lo Wo and Lok Ma Chau; or two, to go towards Hong Hom. We are going
to Sha Tin, two stops down the line. Hong Hom is down the line at the end so we
get on the train to Hong Hom. The slidey red train doors open with a squeak,
and we get on the train. The person behind us almost falls into the big gap in
between the train and the platform. A cold blast of air hits us from the air
conditioning vent as we walk in. I grab on to the bumpy red pole and smell
French fries. The train doors close with a slam and we’re off. Zoom! Everyone is
talking in different languages when we lurch to a stop at Fo Tan. People get on
and people get off. The doors close and we’re off! Again. The train stops at
Sha Tin, and mom and I get off to pick up the laundry. Talk about subway
adventures!
 |
| Using the machine to put money on my "Octupus" card - which lets me ride the subway |
 |
| Entering the subway after scanning my "octopus" card |
 |
| The train with the slidey red doors |
Good sensory details and descriptive language.
ReplyDelete