By Maggie Muth
Have you ever had plans to do something awesome and then
realize you can’t do it? That’s what my day last Wednesday felt like.
Because it
was Wednesday, I wanted to go to the art museum with mom (all museums are free
on Wednesdays). So we rode the subway down to Tsim Sha Tsui and walked to the
art museum. Yay! Right? NO! It was closed and moving to a new location. But
before I could cry, mom said, “Let’s go to the space museum!”
“Okay sounds fun,” I said. So we
walked over to the space museum and saw a sign that said closed. As soon as I
saw that sign I got so mad I tripped over my own shoes. “Let’s go find the
science museum,” I said gloomily to mom. Mom was fine with this, but it was
going to be a long walk.
After walking around for half an
hour, I saw an escalator going up to a skywalk, and mom said, “Let’s go up
there.” So we did. When we got to the top I saw this amazing garden. This was
not a skywalk, it was a garden for movie stars! I saw a sign that said Star Gallery
and I pointed it out to mom. So we went in that direction only to find a
playground. Mom said I could play for a little bit, so I went right ahead.
After playing for about an hour we kept walking towards the science museum. But
first we went looking for lunch. Mom found this little restaurant and got
wonton soup. I found a Subway (the restaurant not the station). So we walked
and ate and finally we found the science museum! I finished my lunch super
quick and ran inside. I was immediately overwhelmed by the contents. There were
cars and planes and video games. There were optical illusions, mirrors,
dinosaur skeletons, and electronics. There was even a giant marble run! We
naturally spent three hours there and then headed home.
You clearly have the perfect frame of mind to be an explorer.
ReplyDelete