I know it will fade but I guess I would rather have other souvenirs of our visit here. But on the other hand it kind of makes Maggie who Maggie is. Was I distraught when she was three and tumbled out of the stroller and chipped her front tooth? Yes, but now I don't even notice it anymore - after all, the chipped tooth fits who she is.
And who is she? She is the kid who notices fourteen of these really cool grasshoppers hanging out on the flowers near the path on our way to school. She is the kid who smiles and waves as her classmates greet her with their familiar call of "MAGGIE!" (you have to say it pronouncing the A as an "aah" sound). And she is the kid who can recognize the subtle call of a toucan from a distant treetop-stop and wait for it to fly by.
The rain has stopped for the moment and everything is a bit soggy. We love looking out to the distant hills to see the low clouds blanketing the trees. It is like seeing a "cloud forest" up close.
Love you, brave girl Maggie!
ReplyDeleteShe is awesome!
ReplyDeleteOh, NO! Well, I hope it isn't noticeable when she's grown up. She's a dear one. I'm glad she took the whole thing with bravery.
ReplyDeleteAnthony said...
ReplyDelete"Good luck to your eye".
It's a physical scar and so much better than the other kind. Psychically, sounds like she's storing up treasures, not scars.
ReplyDelete