Saturday, January 23, 2016

A Day in Korea

By Maggie Muth

After four other Asian cities I didn’t know what to expect of Seoul, the capital of South Korea. Here is what a normal day in Korea is like for us.
             In the morning I wake up to the sound of dad yelling for us to get up. I roll over and get up. I eat a breakfast of sweet potato special K and chocolate Chex mix cereal. Then there is homeschool. I normally do math or write a blog post. After a few hours of that we have lunch. We ether meet our mom at the classroom (dad is our teacher this month) and go to the cafeteria to get pizza, pasta, and bulgogi (a traditional Korean dish with beef) or, mom meets us at the GS25 (the local convenience store) and we get instant noodles and sushi triangles with meat inside. We cook it back at our apartment. Things here are pretty expensive so we have one maybe zero meals outside of the apartment. After lunch it’s more homeschooling. Sometimes dad will take us on fun little adventures but most of the time he has to prepare for class. After about an hour of homeschool we get free time I play Legos, read, or talk with James. Then it’s dinnertime, if we had a GS25 lunch we will go out for dinner. There are lots of good spots in the neighborhood to eat including: lord sandwich, standby kitchen, and my favorite, Hollywood café. I like it because it has movie trailers, friendly service and it is shaped like a castle. If we went out for lunch we would have a stay in dinner. After dinner we ether watch a show on TV or we play a game. Then it’s off to bed. We do the same thing the next day. J
            Korea is just a wacky place. I would tell you to expect high technology and crazy things.


-Maggie Muth


Special K made with sweet potatoes and  bananas!

The GS25 convenience store

A Chicken & Mayonnaise "sushi" triangle

No comments:

Post a Comment