By: Grace Muth
One thing
I’ve noticed while being in Korea is things are weird. Not bad weird, but cool, different and
interesting weird. Another thing I’ve
noticed is people like to take selfies and pictures of other people. There are also a lot of museums here in Korea. It was no surprise to me that there was
something here in Seoul that combined all three of those observations. Yesterday James, Maggie and I were invited to
go to the Trick Eye museum. A basic
description of the museum is optical illusion and selfie paradise. After a delicious lunch of tacos and Snickers
we met up with Nik, the St. Olaf student who invited us to the Trick Eye
museum, at the big red pipe outside the Sinchon station. We rode the metro over one stop and got off
into the cold. Fortunately the museum
was only a block away. We entered the
museum, got tickets, which included the trick eye museum, the carnival, and the
ice museum.
The first
place we went was the trick eye museum.
We started in the classic optical illusion where it looks like one
person is a giant and the other person is very small. We took a couple pictures there then
continued. The whole museum consisted of
little photo zones that were optical illusions.
There was a sideways room that you could do stunts in. Maggie held up Nik in that room. There was a place where you could be a
floating head on a table. James climbed
some bamboo with pandas, Maggie went to candy land, and I some how turned into
a ballerina. We also rode unicorns,
dolphins, and almost got eaten by a giant snake and a sea monster. James got trapped in a bottle with a giant
pelican. Maggie and I went in Mona
Lisa’s head, and Maggie poured gold coins on James. To get out of the trick eye museum there was
a mirror make. It was a good mirror maze
with a lot of dead ends and it was dark, which made it harder. After the trick eye museum we went to the
carnival. There were a few games and a
dunk tank, which was fun. We didn’t
spend very much time there.
After the
carnival we bundled up in our winter clothes again and went into the ice
museum. There were ice thrones, ice
penguins, and an igloo with and ice fire.
Everything was made of ice. There
was an ice-house with a piano, bathroom, living room with chairs and a TV, and
a bedroom with an ice bed. It was
awesome! To everything off there was an
ice slide. We wen down the ice slide at
least 10 times each to make up for all the sledding we didn’t do this
winter. We spent a good two to two and a
half hours at the museum before heading home.
Going to the Trick Eye museum was super fun and exciting. I really enjoyed the experience, and it felt like I was in the fun weird part of Seoul that I expected. It was fun, cool, interesting, and weird. All in all I’m really glad I went and if I had one tip for being in Korea it would be go to the Trick Eye museum in Seoul.




No comments:
Post a Comment