Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Global Reflections - Maggie

When mom and dad said they where going to take an interview for global I thought it was going to be a 1 month trip that dad went on. But I was so wrong. We got a letter a few months later that said we were chosen to go. Everyone freaked and ran around the driveway.

For the next two years we prepared for a 5 month long trip. I was starting to get nervous. I was right I should be nervous. I’m leaving every thing I care about behind to go around the world. Yes things can be annoying at home but it’s better than not having a home at all. Traveling can be rough. It’s hard for everyone.

Before we left we would tell someone about our trip and they would say, “You’re so lucky, can I ride in your suitcase?” Yes I knew they were joking, but now I think it would be fun to have a friend along. Every single place we have been something has been missing. Home. I love having opportunities like this but I’m sick and tired of touring, traveling, moving, and living out of a suitcase. Next time, (if there is one) maybe I will bring a friend along.

By traveling I have learned so much about home. At home there is easy access to laundry, but when traveling, you might have to do laundry in a bathtub. Food is also a struggle when traveling. At home it’s easy to get groceries, but when traveling things can be expensive. Transportation is the hardest. At home you have a car, but when traveling you need to walk, walk, or maybe take the metro or you could just walk. It sounds crazy but it’s true. Traveling is so much work but it’s fun and challenging. One of the things I learned on this trip is there is no place like home.


-Maggie Muth

1 comment:

  1. A very important lesson. Thank you, Maggie.

    ReplyDelete